Friday, June 13, 2008

Latest News

I can't believe it has been so long since I blogged. Last time I wrote was before the Bridal Bliss event for Spa Gregories. I had a wonderful time at Bridal Bliss. It was very different from what I was expecting. I had worked out a script for the event. I was hoping to tell them about Barefoot Parties and how excited I am to be a part of it, all that we do to support and empower women... But I found that what I really needed to do was to get to know the women who were there. These were women who were getting married. What I needed to do was ask about their wedding, theme, date, etc. I was slow to change my game plan, I had planned so much for a specific outcome, but I did my best and learned alot, and next time I think I will do even better.

So that brings me to now. I had a wonderful month in May! If my next 5 months were like May I would be completely happy. However, I have a new challenge, how do I balance family and business. I found myself being very work focused the last couple of months and now I have multiple family obligations and I am struggling to focus at all on my business. I guess I have to accept that NOW is my family time and keep planting as many seeds as possible so that when I have more time, I will have parties booked.

My favorite part of my Barefoot Parties experience so far is all of the growth I continue to experience. As I grow in experience and confidence I know my business will continue to grow. I can't wait to see where it takes me.

No comments: