Friday, March 21, 2008

Yaaay!!!

Whew!! So I had my first Barefoot Party tonight. It was wonderful. I honestly didn't know what I was going to do or say until the party began. With all of the passion I have for the business I was really hoping that it would just flow, and it pretty much. I could definitely use some more practice to make the flow better, but for my first party it went well. I know that with every party I will get more comfortable and learn more.

Knowing my friends, I didn't want to play just any game, for fear that they would think it was just like any other direct sales part. I chose to use the Permission to Dream cards and have everyone draw a card and talk about what it means to them. I am a huge believer in " you will receive the message you need most to hear" and the cards did not let me down. I started with myself, I drew the card that encouraged getting out of your comfort zone, and boy did it fit the night. So I shared with the group about stepping out of my comfort zone and into this business and it felt wonderful. Then we went around the room and anyone who wanted to share did. It was a great way to get everyone talking. We all got a glimpse into each others personalities and needs. It is a tool that I know I will use again. :)

I am so grateful to have such wonderful friends who came to support me. And, thank you universe for this wonderful opportunity to play and create a career at the same time!!

No comments: